Hanoi, June 24th, 2021 – Following the success of the program in 2020, “Millions of Meals 2021” has been launched to support communities affected by COVID-19, especially in provinces and cities that are severely affected by the pandemic. The program is implemented by the Central Committee of Vietnam Youth Federation, PepsiCo Vietnam, Suntory PepsiCo Vietnam Beverage, CARE International in Vietnam, and Aid for Social Protection Program Foundation Vietnam (AFV). At the first phase of this year, the partners will prioritize 5 provinces and cities, including Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Tinh and Nghe An Province, to distribute 240.000 nutritious meals to approximately 16.000 people affected.
“Millions of Meals” is a joint effort to deliver meals to communities impacted by COVID-19, initiated by global PepsiCo in 2020. Along with the message “Give Meals – Give Hope”, the program started on April 10th, 2020 and has reached 18 provinces and cities affected by COVID-19. To date, the program has distributed more than 736,000 “meals” worth over 11 billion VND to nearly 47,500 beneficiaries. The program not only brings practical support, but also spreads out positive messages of unity and solidarity, by which impacted communities and society at large can join hands to give millions of meals to those most affected.
- Female workers in informal sector with considerable economic impacts due to the pandemic get financial support
- Mastercard and CARE Partner to support 1,000 Women Entrepreneurs as Vietnam reopens economy and country
- More efforts needed to bring law on access to information to life
- Breaking the silence around gender based violence among ethnic minority communities in Dien Bien
- Australia to provide central Vietnam AUD1 million for flood recovery