The P4EM project organised a Mid-term Summary and Planning Workshop in Kon Tum province on 9 and 10, January 2020 with the participation of representatives from Ha Giang, Hoa Binh, Quang Tri, Kon Tum and Tra Vinh and the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs (CEMA).
The participants discussed key lessons learned from the implementation process of the project. These included:
- The support model via the women ginseng group in Te Xang commune, Tu Mo Rong district, Kon Tum.
- The coordination mechanism and effective operation of the provincial task force; procedures in implementing small infrastructure initiative in Hoa Binh province.
- The cow raising initiative with adaption to climate change in Dong Van district, Ha Giang province.
- The coordination of resources to support poverty reduction from state budget, projects and local budget in Quang Tri province.
- Lessons learned from effectively integrating gender into project activities in Tra Vinh province.
Furthermore, results of the internal mid-term evaluation and procedure review, of community initiative implementation assessment based on various criteria (e.g. decentralization and empowerment, leveraging own capacity, gender, climate change, access to goods market, and so on) were also put on the discussion table. CEMA’s representatives joined the discussion and updated others on the preparation process for the National Targeted Programme period 2021-2030, emphasizing the importance of collaborating and consulting with provinces and the P4EM project in the coming time.
Based on the discussions at the workshop, the project’s partners agreed on the key orientation and plans in the 2020-2021 period, with the focus on two specific objectives:
- Adjusting the implementation method of the Community Initiative Fund to ensure its sustainability in maintaining, replicating, and obtaining good lessons.
- Enhancing technical support’s effectiveness in capacity building as well as policy consultation and recommendations for the partners at these provinces.
This activity was part of the Partnership for Ethnic Minorities’ Equitable and Inclusive Development” (P4EM) project funded by the Irish Aid.
CARE International in Vietnam implements the Partnership for Ethnic Minorities’ Equitable and Inclusive Development (P4EM) project from 2017 to 2021 in collaboration with Vietnam’s Committe for Ethnic Minority Affairs (CEMA) and provincial Departments for Ethnic Minority Affairs of Hà Giang, Hòa Bình, Quảng Trị, Trà Vinh and Kon Tum.
- Gender and Climate Change integration into poverty reduction policy planning
- Keeping silent – the most common reaction to violence
- Enhancing access to information for Ethnic minority communities in Bac Kan
- When the people get to discuss, do, and check
- “Advancing Women’s Economic Empowerment in Vietnam – AWEEV” – Looking back over a year of project implementation